I like the juxtaposition of the black and white images. It shows that throughout history people have been choosing their paths through which they want this country and their lives run. The fact that they are marching because of a potential candidate or one already in power shows they are being led by something down the marching path.
An interesting take on the text! I really appreciate the "first this way and then that" aspect of it, as well as the really uplifting feel of it.
To me the "him" is really central to the text...which of course makes me think of Obama's path, not so much the people...which seems crucial to your piece, (and, actually, to a central theme of the campaign too). I think I feel that could somehow be addressed and take the piece to the next level.
Also, I am picky about historic dates...the John Lennon song was more closely associated with McGovern's campaign...who lost against Nixon. Yikes. Not a good association. But one hears that song + the peace sign and it brings a time when politics really let the people down. So, I would recommend a different choice of song, and keep the peace symbol.
3 comments:
I like the juxtaposition of the black and white images. It shows that throughout history people have been choosing their paths through which they want this country and their lives run. The fact that they are marching because of a potential candidate or one already in power shows they are being led by something down the marching path.
An interesting take on the text! I really appreciate the "first this way and then that" aspect of it, as well as the really uplifting feel of it.
To me the "him" is really central to the text...which of course makes me think of Obama's path, not so much the people...which seems crucial to your piece, (and, actually, to a central theme of the campaign too). I think I feel that could somehow be addressed and take the piece to the next level.
Also, I am picky about historic dates...the John Lennon song was more closely associated with McGovern's campaign...who lost against Nixon. Yikes. Not a good association. But one hears that song + the peace sign and it brings a time when politics really let the people down. So, I would recommend a different choice of song, and keep the peace symbol.
awesome awesome awesome. i looks like something that you would see in a history clas
Post a Comment