Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Way better than "the dog ate my homework"...

...the art gallery swallowed my camera...
(full story)
So.
I work in an art gallery and we're prepping for a new installation-- which means I spent 5.5 hours painting the walls.
That's alot of paint fumes.
Which results in alot of stupid things by closing time.
Like allowing the heavy sliding door with the key in the lock, slide all the way, with lots of momentum, into the wall--- with the key bending and breaking as if it were made of clay.

Result: lock smith, security, pliers, tweezers, flathead screwdrivers and alot of fluster and embarassment on my part.

This fluster, conjoined with with the paint fumes, resulted my locking and alarming the gallery with the help of security-- and forgetting my camera, which is now locked in the gallery.

Normally, I would just let myself back in and get it.
But, uh, the key is broken into two neat little pieces.

Moral of the story: kids, paint fumes are bad for your brain.
And I'll post two videos tomorrow.

-D

2 comments:

Professor Sheri Wills said...

Sigh...well, better than having your camera snap in two! See you tomorrow. S

-DVD- said...

Agreed. I may even be able to get the camera back before class.