Monday, October 27, 2008

Traveler's Insomnia




If you could, please watch both.  When I had to compress the first one down it lost a lot of the sharpness of the effects.  At least I think so, what say you?  Better 1 or 2?  1 or 2?  Now, what happens if you cover your left eye with your palm?



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could the drugs be wearing the traveler out?

Sebastian! said...

I like the first one more than the second it seems even more surreal.

Torin said...

I loved the sound effects; they helped me create a story much easier. A women/man is in the shower with cold water running because she/he overdosed on drugs. She/he potentially held a jar of pills in her hand, and as she/he passed out, she/he spilled some of them on the floor.

HJC said...

The rain of pills seems to symbolize drugs keeping the traveler awake, detached from others, and represents an obstacle to progress in life?

sanguisfrater said...

Everytime I hear stories of people traveling long distances I always here about their medicinal forms of coping with jet lag, family get togethers, etc... (ok maybe not always but it's a frequent response)

The interesting point that you make here using the pills as markers on the map is great! I see the pills and think either sleep inducers or sleep reducers. Either way, they both bring about a sense of artificiality. The same way that we can have artificial or superficial relations with neighbors... in this case the dark apartments. I think the metaphor used here is wonderful.

Great way to cover sleep/wake/traveling/neighbors

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of raining pills but I think that the storm in the background comes a bit harsh, also the way the image moves at first I thought it was a globe so it as a good effect

andrew said...

raining drugs, nice effect. i like the movements of the camera over the map. super trippy

Professor Sheri Wills said...

Nobody loves abstraction more than Sheri Wills, but I feel the pills and map are so interesting, it's a loss not to know what they are.

Comparing the two versions is really interesting though, and it is great to have an "overlay" of recognizable imagery on abstraction with the two. I'm thinking about when we start using multiple projections, and how it would be interesting to blend these two together as projections, perhaps projected onto something else.

I took it as more of a 2am wake-up on psychological journey.