I very much agree the music creates tension. Also, I thought the imagery created a scene of tension because the light growing dimmer at random times made it seem like there was some invisible object or being passing over it.
This reminds me of camping. It must be the flashlight flickering through odd meshy material-- or at least that's my best stab as to how you did it. The tension is definately there, but I think it would have been more powerful if the flashing and music had started sooner. It's a very long still silence before it begins and when you've only got 20 seconds, it seems even longer. It would have been really hard but since your music is so dramatic and punchy, if the flashing was perfectly timed with the music, it would have been excellent.
I like how the music doesn't start until a few seconds in and builds some subsequent suspense. The violin strokes paired with the flashing light also created a sense of horror or fear.
I love that we have different responses to the slow start! I like the slow start, in theory, but maybe it needs to be tweaked just a little, (a little shorter, a little longer, a slower flash to prime the pump?). Something to make the start feel more organic, (even machines take a second to start moving in space). Does that make sense.
But I really like the overall aesthetic. I thought mosquito netting too, as well as being bandaged in gauze. It could almost have a horror feel with different music.....
7 comments:
I very much agree the music creates tension. Also, I thought the imagery created a scene of tension because the light growing dimmer at random times made it seem like there was some invisible object or being passing over it.
This reminds me of camping. It must be the flashlight flickering through odd meshy material-- or at least that's my best stab as to how you did it.
The tension is definately there, but I think it would have been more powerful if the flashing and music had started sooner. It's a very long still silence before it begins and when you've only got 20 seconds, it seems even longer.
It would have been really hard but since your music is so dramatic and punchy, if the flashing was perfectly timed with the music, it would have been excellent.
I like how the music doesn't start until a few seconds in and builds some subsequent suspense. The violin strokes paired with the flashing light also created a sense of horror or fear.
Tension is great!
I have to agree with danielle though... timing the music with the flashing would have been more effective.
I agree with the music, sure builds up the tension and goes well with the movement of the image.
cool, i like the building drama as the song cuts in, and the imagery is super vague and abstract. cool stuff
I love that we have different responses to the slow start! I like the slow start, in theory, but maybe it needs to be tweaked just a little, (a little shorter, a little longer, a slower flash to prime the pump?). Something to make the start feel more organic, (even machines take a second to start moving in space). Does that make sense.
But I really like the overall aesthetic. I thought mosquito netting too, as well as being bandaged in gauze. It could almost have a horror feel with different music.....
Post a Comment