Cameron,Hey Mr. DJ, you just beat me, mine's "processing" I really do like them both together and separate and really, you should consider DJing. Although I like the sound overlay, I can't quite imagine how the visual overlay would look. If the clouds were stationary, I think it could look great, but it might be too busy with both. But that's a big maybe. The use of color in the disco ball video is really great and well timed-- and I'm not sure, if the disco ball dripping blue in reality or is that some sort of photoshop effect. Either way, nice touch. In the clouds, my favorite part is the over exposure which somehow lends a 3d sense to the solid white clouds. It really pops. It's my favorite so far. Haha.
I enjoyed the way you matched the two videos' music together. In the first, I thought your placement of the crystal ball was to draw the audience's eyes toward and away from the left to right side of the screen. On your second, I enjoyed your editing techniques that helped get the spacey euphoric theme across. But, I'm just interpreting.
they for sure complement each-other. I feel like they're strongest apart but playing at the same time. One's this calm scene and the other's crazy and party monster-esq. nice work
i like the disco ball and how the music and the motion of the ball work together. then the clouds add an interesting effect when you play them together.. cool stuff
I enjoyed the first movie in particular because I was able to interpret it in a way that fits the quote. Showing only the disco ball with nobody dancing, along with the clear beat not muffled by voices, created the effect that the club or dance room was empty.
I would be pretty curious to see them with the overlay, into one image, or even better with two projections. Maybe side by side, maybe overlayed.
I think the main difference between them, as individual pieces, is the sense of a context in the first, (which implies a narrative), and the context-free nature of the second. They are interesting individually, more so together!
8 comments:
Cameron,Hey Mr. DJ, you just beat me, mine's "processing"
I really do like them both together and separate and really, you should consider DJing. Although I like the sound overlay, I can't quite imagine how the visual overlay would look. If the clouds were stationary, I think it could look great, but it might be too busy with both. But that's a big maybe.
The use of color in the disco ball video is really great and well timed-- and I'm not sure, if the disco ball dripping blue in reality or is that some sort of photoshop effect. Either way, nice touch. In the clouds, my favorite part is the over exposure which somehow lends a 3d sense to the solid white clouds. It really pops.
It's my favorite so far. Haha.
-Danielle
I enjoyed the way you matched the two videos' music together. In the first, I thought your placement of the crystal ball was to draw the audience's eyes toward and away from the left to right side of the screen. On your second, I enjoyed your editing techniques that helped get the spacey euphoric theme across. But, I'm just interpreting.
they for sure complement each-other. I feel like they're strongest apart but playing at the same time. One's this calm scene and the other's crazy and party monster-esq. nice work
i like the disco ball and how the music and the motion of the ball work together. then the clouds add an interesting effect when you play them together.. cool stuff
I enjoyed the first movie in particular because I was able to interpret it in a way that fits the quote. Showing only the disco ball with nobody dancing, along with the clear beat not muffled by voices, created the effect that the club or dance room was empty.
I love the sound that the little balls make, it goes well with the music and the rain
I would be pretty curious to see them with the overlay, into one image, or even better with two projections. Maybe side by side, maybe overlayed.
I think the main difference between them, as individual pieces, is the sense of a context in the first, (which implies a narrative), and the context-free nature of the second. They are interesting individually, more so together!
Post a Comment